Flitecell (battery) is a carefully engineered water resistant unit. If the battery is damaged (for example during transportation or handling) the seal may become compromised. A damaged battery that comes into contact with water may result in internal damage including corrosion which could result in a fire and/or explosion.
1. USE THE BATTERY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
2. DO NOT OPEN FLITEBOARD LID UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHILST IN WATER.
SIGNS OF A COMPROMISED BATTERY:
- LOOSE SCREWS/RIVETS
- LOOSE CONNECTOR(S)
- CRACK IN OR DAMAGE TO HOUSING/CASE
- BATTERY ACID ODOR
- EXTREMELY HOT TEMPERATURE DURING CHARGING (80°C OR MORE )
3. CAREFULLY INSPECT THE BATTERY BEFORE EACH USE.
4. IF A BATTERY CASING HAS VISIBLE DAMAGE AND THE BATTERY FALLS INTO WATER, TAKE IT OUT IMMEDIATELY AND PUT IT IN A SAFE AND OPEN AREA. MAINTAIN A SAFE DISTANCE FROM THE BATTERY UNTIL IT IS COMPLETELY DRY. DO NOT USE THE BATTERY AGAIN AND DISPOSE OF THE BATTERY PROPERLY.
4. THE BATTERY MUST BE USED IN TEMPERATURES FROM 0°C TO 40°C. USE OF THE BATTERY IN ENVIRONMENTS ABOVE 40°C CAN LEAD TO A FIRE OR AN EXPLOSION. USE OF BATTERY BELOW 0°C CAN LEAD TO PERMANENT BATTERY DAMAGE.
5. ALWAYS KEEP THE BATTERY DRY. IF THE BATTERY HAS BEEN EXPOSED TO WATER. PLACE IN A COOL DRY PLACE.
6. DO NOT DROP OR STRIKE THE BATTERY.
7. DO NOT PLACE HEAVY OBJECTS ON THE BATTERY OR CHARGER.
8. DO NOT CHARGE OR USE A DAMAGED BATTERY. IF YOUR BATTERY IS ABNORMAL, CONTACT FLITEBOARD OR AN AUTHORISED FLITEBOARD DEALER FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE.
9. DO NOT USE THE BATTERY IF IT WAS INVOLVED IN A CRASH OR HEAVY IMPACT.
10. DO NOT USE A NON-FLITECELL BATTERY. ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY A NON-FLITECELL BATTERY WILL NOT BE COVERED BY WARRANTY.
11. DO NOT DISASSEMBLE THE BATTERY IN ANY WAY, AS THE BATTERY MAY LEAK, CATCH FIRE, OR EXPLODE. ELECTROLYTES INSIDE THE BATTERY ARE HIGHLY CORROSIVE.
12. DO NOT HEAT BATTERIES. KEEP AWAY FROM HEATING SOURCES AND OUT OF DIRECT SUNLIGHT.
13. DO NOT PUT BATTERIES IN A MICROWAVE OVEN, FREEZER OR IN A PRESSURIZED CONTAINER.
14. DO NOT OPEN LID UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHILST IN WATER OR WITH WET HANDS.
IN CASE OF A BOARD/BATTERY FIRE EXTINGUISH WITH:
- PLENTY OF WATER
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT INCIDENT RESPONSE AND DISPOSAL. PLEASE REFER TO THE MSDS HERE.
DISPOSE OF THE BATTERY IN SPECIFIC RECYCLING BOXES ONLY AFTER A COMPLETE DISCHARGE. DO NOT PLACE THE BATTERY IN REGULAR TRASH CONTAINERS.
STRICTLY FOLLOW YOUR LOCAL REGULATIONS REGARDING THE DISPOSAL AND RECYCLING OF BATTERIES.
1. Flitecells (batteries) are considered a dangerous good and must not be shipped without working with a dangerous goods shipping specialist. Shipping batteries marked as normal goods without informing the shipping party is illegal and dangerous. The Material Safety Data Sheet is required for shipping the batteries.
2. Batteries being considered a Dangerous Good cannot be shipped on passenger airplanes. Batteries need to be shipped by cargo airfreight or sea freight.
3. Our batteries are sent with a DG certification.
4. We recommend purchasing an additional battery if you plan on extensive travel with your Fliteboard. This way you can ship your battery in advance of your trip.